Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy belated Mother's day to all the mothers out there.  I hope you all had a wonderful day.


I had two orders this week, an order of red velvet cupcakes and a birthday cake.  Red velvet is my absolute favorite and is always a pleasure to make and this birthday cake was fun since I had to write Happy Birthday in Romanian!  The birthday cake was a coffee cake with a mocha buttercream and I also added a bit of simple syrup to the cake to make it extra moist.They both turned out really great and I hope the recipients all enjoyed it.


We got some great news about Fionn this week.  Along with not having cystic fibrosis, he has ZERO allergies!  I'm so relieved and happy about the results.

The moment of Prince William and Kate's royal kiss on the balcony.  He then  came over and  gave me a big kiss!
Fionn and his cousin Zoe.  The only one he shares his minou with
Community cleanup day.  My little helper
Fionn and his cousin, Felix, outside ikea
 I love my iPhone for many reasons but most of all I love it for the amazing camera that is always within reach when I need to capture a memory, remember something important, or just simply to take a random picture of the everyday.

I'm not sure a lot of people know but I'm an avid scrapbooker and I love to journal and keep my memories alive that way.  Also because I just never want to forget and it looks so pretty.  Anyways I follow a number of scrapbooking blogs one of which is dear lizzy.  I love her blog and her style is incredibly fresh and lovely.  A few weeks ago she launched another website for online workshops and classes for a whole mess of crafts and one of those crafts happens to be a sweet little mini scrapbook.  Since it also came with a kit I thought it was too great to pass up.  So today I got my kit in the mail and it was the first day of the online class over at make something splendid.  Tomorrow we will start working on the book itself as today was only an introduction.  I'm so excited and happy to be part of this.  I hope I learn lots of new tips and tricks as well.  I'll post pictures of my process as the weeks go by too.

I'm also hoping to move this summer if everything goes well.  and ikea has the sweetest little wooden patio set that would just be perfect for our new place and it's only $149!!.  I'm looking forward to summer, aren't you'?


"Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." -Degas

No comments:

Post a Comment