Saturday, November 20, 2010

Cake Sampling

One of my mini cakes for the wedding cake sampling.  Chocolate and red velvet with fondant 
Both mini cakes together.  The yellow one is a vanilla and lemon cake with a lemon buttercream icing.


It's been a while, I know, but honestly not a whole lot has happened. I had a cupcake order and a wedding cake sampling though. The sampling went really well and I was my first time having one. I still haven't had a chance to make those Golden eggs or the caramel popcorn I keep saying I'll make. It seems every time I plan to make it, something gets in the way, or I realize I ran out of butter. Don't you hate that? Oh and I also found this really cool recipe for red velvet brownie cheese cake that I've been dying to try cause it sounds like a mythical creature and how could I not give that a try.

On a non-baking note I've started on my Christmas gifts. I will not mention what they are in case the people I am making them for are reading this right now. But I've also started making a giant advent calender made of felt. Got the idea from the blog homemade by jill. So far I've got my little felt squares cut out and that's about it. I'm a little behind. Then it occurred to me that my mom made a similar one when she was young so I asked her to pull that out to compare. It's so neat and I'll have to take a picture of both when I'm done.

Also I've started pulling out a few Christmas decorations cause I guess its about that time already. The tree isn't up yet though, it seemed a little early for that. But it won't be long until that's up too.

I've got a couple of orders coming up soon, two birthday cakes so far. I'm hoping for a few more orders though. Then it's holiday baking and cooking with family and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment