Thursday, October 21, 2010

Baking Tangent


First of all, is there anything better then warm bread and butter? I don't think so. I love fresh backed bread or biscuits still warm out of the oven, spreading buttery love all over and watching it melt. And it tastes as good as it smells.

My mom made buttermilk biscuits(a Martha Stewart recipe)  a few days ago while the baby's napped. We spent the day there since Fionn slept over the night before. The boys love waking up knowing the other cousin is here already. They are a pretty silly bunch. They had a blast playing in they're play kitchen and watching a movie and painting. The painting quickly turned into body painting, which then led to a mid-day bath, then nap. Which brings us back to the biscuits. I was just browsing through my favourite blogs while my mom made delicious biscuits. My mom asks me to make things for her all the time and I tell her no because I know she can make it. Where does she think I learned to bake in the first place, the neighbour? Well that's not too far off because I use to bake cupcakes with a good friend of mine, who happened to be my neighbour, all the time! But I got the baking gene from my mamma.
So these biscuits were so nice and crumbly and warm and awesome! With butter and a little bit of jam it was like a bite of heaven.

I made two Apple Tart Tatins this week. I got the recipe from Joy the Baker.  They were so easy to make and very delicious. Not quite apple crisp but a lighter more caramelly version. The other night I also went on a tangent when I made my second apple tart. I also made bark that night and chocolate chip cookies. All easy but sooooo good. Then I had to invite people to eat them so my sister and cousin stopped by for a snack.

I've got 3 cakes to make for this sunday for a birthday party so that will keep me busy. Also I might have my first wedding cake order! More details to come when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment