Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fall from grace

So I'm pretty sure I'm cursed.  Yesterday was my second day of work and it went well.  Just a lot of reading, the usual for new jobs and all.  Anyways I went to my sister's place to pick up my son that night and on our way to put on our puts and jacket to leave we took a tumble.  I was carrying him and I slipped down two steps and fell on his leg.  We rushed to the ER and found out what we already suspected.  Broken.  Two bones, the fibula and tibia.  He has to wear a full leg cast for 4-6 weeks but considering his history with with clubfeet, the ER resident said it would probably be the full 6 weeks.  No walking or crawling either.  I feel so bad for him and that it happened at all.  I know it's an accident and it's all part of life but it doesn't make me feel any better about having injured him.  Poor kid.  Last week pneumonia, this week a broken leg.

Fresh Cast

The best picture I could find to show the break.  His break is clean and a little closer to the ankle.
Suffice to say that I'm a little discombobulated with all that's going on.  Now if I can only find a moment to do some baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment