Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!

I don't even know where to begin.  I've been busy with work and then getting home late and only having time to eat and a bit of Fionn and me time before he goes to bed.  Then I have a little bit of time to myself to prep for the next day and it happens all over again.  It gives me a newly rejuvenated love for the weekend.  So a couple of weeks ago we went through the break of Fionn's leg and I was hoping for a nice quiet weekend since today we had my nephew's 3rd birthday party.  But that was asking too much since while we were out and about town on Saturday we managed to get Fionn's little index finger stuck in the bathroom door at Starbucks.  It was bad, bad enough to merit a trip to the ER and  it ended up needing 3 stitches.  Seriously, will it never end?!  What next?!

4 hours post injury, after cleaning and before an x-ray.  It was still bleeding.


In the middle of all that I managed to get some baking done.  Some mini cupcakes for Dylan's daycare and then his birthday party today.  He wanted 'Where the Wild Things Are' theme so I found a cute cake online which I did my best to re-create.  I think it turned out pretty good.  The cupcakes were the buttermilk vanilla cupcakes that I posted previously with a buttercream icing and the cake is Martha Stewart's one bowl chocolate cake recipe with a different kind of buttercream.  This one has shortening and butter which I find makes for better decorating.


So now we start a new week and I hope it's comfortably dull. I think we've had our share of injury for the next 10 years.  This week I need to just man up and catch up on my cleaning and laundry.  Now I think I will go to bed.  Sleep sounds so good to me right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment